Thursday, January 8, 2009

Roaring Camp

Today we all went to Roaring Camp and walked through the redwoods.  One of our favorite places to walk. Its such a peaceful place and I am always in awe of the enormous redwoods that have been around for centuries. Of course I had to take my camera. The lighting was perfect and it was so green an lush. 

Carlee was enthralled with the moss growing on the trees, rocks and fence.  As well as the huge trees. It was truly beautiful. Haylee kept looking up at the canopy of trees that hung over us, reaching to touch them even thought they were so tall. 

It so nice to have this place to get away from it all. Life has been a bit crazy lately and when we went here, it seemed to center us. We are exactly where we are supposed to be in life and are so open for what's next to come. Instead of resisting it. It's a lot less stressful! 

Anyways, Daniel and I are so thankful that we live in such a beautiful place and are all so close. That we can take our girls (and ourselves) outside and show them all the world has to offer...without money, distractions or stress. To just have time to ourselves and as individuals to just take a breath, run, laugh, and explore.  We all really enjoyed getting away yesterday, and it was only 10 minutes from our home! We are going to do this more often. 


Typical Carlee. This is why I love her!


I actually let Dan have my camera to take a picture of the 3 of us.


1 comment:

  1. hehe.... That pic of her sticking out her tongue cracks me up! I still can't get over the quality of you photos now that you have that new camera! Just amazing! That's one of my favorite places to go too, along with Westcliff. We really are so lucky, aren't we? You have such a beautiful family! (and I love the pigtails on Carlee!)

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter